…for January 2017.
Can you believe it’s February already?! This past month has flown by, but thankfully I managed to get everything done that I intended to.
So here’s a quick update on my progress for January:
- Started a blog (obviously…)
- Set up a Twitter account
- Set up a Goodreads account
- Started an authors page on Facebook (but not published it yet)
- Completed my World Building
- Drawn all maps for my new fantasy world
- Started a spreadsheet for main & sub-plots
- Started chapter outlines
- Started character profiles
- Started a notebook with ideas for up-coming blog posts
I’m feeling pretty positive about how much I’ve managed to do in just the past few weeks, and am actually starting to feel like I’m getting somewhere. I’m even ahead of schedule in terms of where I hoped to be at the start of this month.
Trying to set up an online presence (Twitter, blogging, Goodreads etc,) has probably been the hardest in terms of not really knowing what I’m doing, but I think I’m starting to get the hang of it now.
Finishing my World Building took the longest, because I’m a bit of a perfectionist, but was also the most rewarding. I felt like I’d completed a major step towards writing my book, and feel more focused and confident about moving forward.
For February, I want to continue working on my social media accounts, finish my character profiles and plotting spreadsheet, and try to get a more substantial chapter outline completed.
Hope you had a good January and managed to get everything done on your to-do list. Here’s to an equally productive February!